I have to apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures. These were taken from the Chief's phone.
Supplies needed to make the instrument.
They took the rube band and cut it in half. Then we tied one bead to one end. Then we added the two loose beads. With the last bead, we then tied it to the other end of the rube band.
We took the cardboard tube and cut two slits, one at each end. We then took the rube band and slipped the bead into the slit at the top and bottom of the tube.
With the band secured into the slits it could be played.
We then took duct tape and taped one end of the tube.
Put the acorns in the other end of the tube. Then tape that end with Duct tape.
They completed the instrument by coloring it. It looked like the parents were having fun helping the boys.