Thursday, January 14, 2010

Quick and easy fried chicken with mushroom brown gravy

Yesterday I was so busy with gathering up materials for the Cub Scout meeting and planning for the Cisco Kids 7th birthday party in about three weeks. After a long day working on those two things I still had to cook dinner. I wanted to make something easy, quick and good. I thought fried Chicken breast with mushroom brown gravy. I have never made this before and when the Chief says.... This is a keeper, I know he really likes it.  So I thought I would share this simple recipe with you. 


Two chicken breast
1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
1 egg scrambled
2 cups of chicken broth
1 tablespoon of butter
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
1 cup of frozen peas
1 tablespoons of corn starch in 1/4 cup of water
1/8 cup choped fresh parsley
2 cloves chopped fresh garlic
salt and pepper to taste.

I took a Chicken Breast and dipped it into a scrambled egg then covered it with seasoned bread crumbs. I then gently pan fried it in about 1/8 cup of olive oil. Once the chicken was cooked I removed it from the pan and added one tablespoon of butter. I added two cups of sliced mushrooms, garlic and parsle to the butter and sautéed them. Once the mushrooms were cooked I added one cup of frozen peas and two cups of chicken broth. Simmer until the peas are heated through. Combine one tablespoons of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water and pour into simmering broth while constantly stirring. Salt and pepper to taste. I put the chicken breast on a plate and poured the mushroom brown gravy over the top. Add parmesan cheese and serve.
Serves 2.






1 comment:

  1. The finished pic is so delicious looking, so colorful with the peas. Yummy! Did TCK eat it too?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails