Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cooking all day!!!!

I have cooked so much today. I started at 9:00a.m. this morning and I just got done at 8:15 p.m. This sounds like allot of time but I rather do it today than do this all day Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving all I will have to do is put most of it in the oven. One of the items I cooked was the candied sweet potatoes.

Peal and rinse 6 sweet potatoes, then cut them into large chunks. Put them into a pot of boiling water until they start to get soft. Don't cook them all the way. They will become to soft and very dry when you bake them on Thursday.  If you are going to back them the same day you will want to cook them until they are tender. 
Mix together one cup of light brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of cinnamon, 1/2 cup of applesauce, 1/4 cup of kayo syrup 1 tablespoon of melted butter and 1/4 cup of water. Mix until everything is dissolved.

Drain the sweet potatoes, Put the cooled potatoes in an air tight container then pour the sugar mixture over the potatoes and refrigerate until you are ready to bake on Thursday. Bake on 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
Mix together for the sweet sauce.  Melt butter first.
Once the sweet mixture is dissolved, pour it over the potatoes.  
 Tomorrow I will post my egg plant parmesan that I made today.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails