Friday, July 29, 2011

American Idol Concert

We have been watching American Idol for the past few years and this year was the best season. There was so much talent. The top eleven were so good that we had to go see them in concert. This is the Cisco Kids first adult concert. When he was three years old we took him to see The Wiggles. That was the last time he saw a singing group on stage. When we went to see The Wiggles, I think I was dancing more than The Cisco Kid was. It was totally the opposite with the American Idol Concert. He was rock'n and rollin the whole time. It was so cute to watch. I think there will be more concerts in our future.
Laurenn was the second runner up.  Scotty was the winner.
All the girls on stage singing.
I took lots of pictures but the stage lighting was so bright and shined out into the audience that they didn't come out very well. This was a perfect concert for an eight year old. Everything was very appropriate. I was seventeen and just moved to Florida when I saw my first rock and roll band on stage. I was so excited to see Foreigner for the first time. After that concert I was hooked. I went to every possible concert that came to Jacksonville. Back then tickets only cost $8.50.  That is a big deference from the 70.00 dollar price tag today.  The other bands I saw were Boston, Styx, The Police, (they opened for Styx), YES, Electric light Orchestra, AC/DC, Eagles & Heart.  Those were the days!!!!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a BLAST! I love the picture of TCK with the stage and audience behind him! Very cool! I haven't watched any seasons of American Idol for several years, but maybe I should let Ains watch this year...she would probably enjoy it. NOW, on to the more important point: I don't see any photo here or any post that mentions you hobbling up stairs or using crutches....Hmmmmmm....I am beginning to think this blog doesn't tell the whole story!!! Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I heard tell that there was an injury -- so sorry to hear that. I hope you're doing better. This is a concert I would thoroughly enjoy -- I don't like the price tag though! That's crazy. I'm a concert goer from way back, too, and these prices are an eye opener for sure -- still worth going to see though. You come up with some great adventures.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails