Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Italian Meatballs

This is the time of year when I do most of my cooking. Fall and winter is when the weather in Florida starts to cool down and the holidays are just around the corner. Now I can get into cooking.

The great thing about making Meatballs is they do very well when frozen. I make a very large batch and put half in the freezer. When I am ready to use the Frozen Meatballs, all I do is defrost them and put them in the oven for fifteen minutes, just enough time for them to get hot and crisp up slightly.
2 lbs of lean ground beef
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 teaspoons salt
½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
3 cloves of garlic chopped fine
½ cup Sun Dried Tomatoes packed in oil (optional)
3 tablespoons of Mrs Dash, tomato, Basil & garlic
2 eggs
Oil for frying

Mix all ingredients together and roll the meat into 3 inch balls. Put oil in a frying pan ½ inch deep. Allow the oil to get hot before placing the Meatballs in the oil. Place the Meatballs in the frying pan and fry to a golden brown.
Turn Meatballs every couple of minutes so all sides are golden brown.




I love Sun Dried tomatoes so I add some for myself. As for the Chief he likes just straight Meat.





Participating and reading about "What would your children say?" Wednesday, is a real good laugh for mid week.

Click on the logo and get full details.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket>

7 comments:

  1. Yum those look very good. I will have to try them myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the idea of adding sundried tomato!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't seen this recipe yet...looks delicious! I don't usually make meatballs, but I make meatloaf in a similar way. The sun dried tomatoes are probably really good in there. Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hungry just looking at this. I love that you can freeze them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look really great so tasty could eat one now he he love cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Yum! Thanks for sharing all your great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marianne,
    I am seriously drooling over all the totally awesome recipes you have been posting lately. My life has gotten a bit out of control and I have been playing catch up since our sicknesses. No time for blogging or scrapping or cooking but ....I cannot wait to try some of your cookies, tiramisu, meatballs. Ohhhhh I'm starving now... and all we have is cheetos and hot dogs!!! Love You, See you on Sunday.. R

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails