Monday, November 23, 2009

Wow!!!! Thanksgiving is in three days.

We have a big thanksgiving planned. I have 30 Items on the menu. There is going to be lots of prior cooking and preparation. I like to enjoy Thanksgiving Day as much as I like to cook. I enjoy the holiday so much when I am not slaving over the stove every minute. It makes everything so much easier when I use my restaurant skills. I have owned a restaurant many years ago and for the food to come out fast, fresh, hot and delicious certain items must be prepared in advance. This is how I am able to get it done and still enjoy my holiday with Family and Friends.

Yesterday I made the Pumpkin bread, I boiled the eggs for deviled eggs, Cranberry sauce, Govatelli and put them in the freezer, spiced nuts and Apricots dipped in chocolate.

Over the next two days I have more to prepare ahead of time. I will be posting our entire Thanksgiving meal from start to finish.

Pumpkin Bread

Cranberry Sauce
Govatelli

Chocolate Dipped Apricots
Spiced Nuts


You can see the recipe for the Pumpkin bread, Cranberry sauce, Govatelli, Spiced nuts, and Apricots dipped in chocolate.

We start the food flowing at 11:00 a.m. and ending the day around 10:00 p.m.

Our Thanksgiving menu.

There are four courses.

1st course
Antapasta salad
Deviled eggs
Roasted red pepper cheese cake with crustini’s
Pesto
Stuffed mushrooms
Tomato, mozzarella and basil
Small spinach calzones
Ham with glazed carrots

2nd course
Govatelli with Braciole

3rd course
Turkey
Turkey gravy
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Fresh baked rolls
Cranberry sauce,
Corn
Macaroni and cheese

4th course
Desert
Connoli’s
Apple pie
Coconut cream pie
Pecan pie
Pumpkin bread
Pumpkin cookies
Spiced nuts
Fresh fruit
Dried apricots dipped in chocolate.
Cherries and Pineapple

Tomorrow I will have the list of items that I have semi prepared in advance.

1 comment:

  1. WOW is right!!! This all looks scrumptuous and heavenly. I cannot believe all of the work and cooking you do!! Amazing! All of the photos look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails