Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day Dinner

Christmas Eve was very cold here in Florida. I decided that we needed to have some good comfort food. I thought a hardy beef stew with mashed potatoes would really worm us up. I cooked the meat in the Crock Pot all day. The meat was so tender and the gravy was full of flavor.

1 three pound beef roast, cut into chunks
4 cups of beef broth
1 onion cut into chunks
1 green bell pepper cut into chunks
4 large carrots cut into chunks
8 mushrooms sliced
2 tablespoons of corn starch
¼ cup of parsley chopped.
Salt and pepper to taste

I added the meat and the beef broth to the Crock Pot and let it cook for four hours. After the four hours the meat is very tender. At that point add the Vegetables starting with the ones that cook the longest. Example: 1st carrots, green peppers, onions then mushrooms. Cook for two hours. Mix the cornstarch with ¼ cup of water and stir into the stew. Add salt and pepper to taste.






It is a tradition every year that my Father in-law and Mother in-law give us a Honey Baked Ham. That has become our family Christmas dinner. This year I served it with stuffing, corn and spinach.


2 comments:

  1. It was so funny how you started your post about it being cold in Flordia....I live in Chicago and we are currently in the 20's . So that was a funny comment to me! Looks very yummy! I am turning into a great cook . (thanks to you) My Husband has loved every one of your recipies that I have made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Honey Baked Ham!!! Stew looks to be a great recipe, have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails