Monday, March 1, 2010

Pasta Salad with roasted red pepper, balsamic vinigerett dressing

My pasta salad is more like a meal than a side salad. I make my pasta salad with backed chicken, pepperoni and an assortment of vegetables.
Salad
1 box of tri color Rotini pasta
1 red bell pepper chopped in 1/2 inch chunks
1/2 onion chopped in 1/2 inch chunks
3 stalks of celery chopped in 1/2 inch chunks
1/2 cups carrots chopped on thin slices
15 cherry tomatoes cut in half
2 cups or 1-1/2 chicken breast, roasted and chopped in chunks
2 cups of pepperoni cut in chunks
1/2 cup of parsley chopped

Cook pasta al dente. Bake chicken sprinkled with Mrs Dash sundried tomatoes and basil. Once pasta and Chicken has cooled combine all the above ingredients and mix.  

Dressing
1/2 cup of Olive Oil
1/4 cup of Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/2 cup chopped parsley
2 cups of roasted red peppers
1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes pesto
2 tablespoons of Mrs Dash sundried tomatoes and basil
1/4 cup of fresh basil or basil pesto
3 cloves of garlic

In a food processer blend all ingredients except for the Olive Oil and balsamic vinaigrette. After everything is mixed, slowly add the balsamic vinaigrette while mixing. Once the balsamic vinaigrette is incorporated, do the same with the Olive Oil. Pour dressing on to the salad and mix well.  Salt to taste.
For more recipes go to Temp My Tummy Tuesday


MckLinky Blog Hop


PhotobucketPhotobucket

10 comments:

  1. oh man, this sounds great! You have managed to combine so many of my favs... pasta, roasted red peppers, balsamic vinegar!!!! This will definitely be on my table this week!

    http://is-it-naptime-yet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful presentation!! This recipe sounds fantastic! We will be making this SOON. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delectable pasta display! I love making pasta salads and your illustrated instruction is great. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! After reading your recipe and looking at your photos, I scrolled down to comment,"Oh my, this looks sooooo good!" And I see EVERYONE else has already said the same thing! It is a HIT! :) Scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Cherry Tree. So colorful and healthy/healthful?. I like the picture with Connor's cute face behind the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your salad looks amazing. In the warmer months I make lots of these wonderful types of meals. I'll be trying your version soon :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually think that pictures of pasta salad, dont do it justice, but this picture makes it look DELICIOUS. Must try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that looks so yummy, especially with the pepperoni.

    Wish I were having that for dinner!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails