Sunday, February 5, 2012

9 years old, I cant beleive it!


Time....... it goes by so fast. When you’re young time is slow and as you get older it seems to fly by in seconds. The Cisco Kid turns nine tomorrow and that is all he has been talking about all weekend. He thinks this whole weekend is all about his birthday and we should cater to his every whim. Every time I ask him to do something he says...Why, it's my birthday. I asked him to clean his room. He said...but why mom, it's my birthday. After two hours on his I pod I asked him to put it down. He said....but why mom, it's my birthday. I asked him to eat lunch before he could eat a pack of gummies. He said.... but why mom, it's my birthday. OK I'm all for celebrating birthdays but soon this kid is going to start celebrating a month before his birthday. What happened to getting a cake some presents, singing happy birthday and that was it???

This is my answer to....But why mom it’s my birthday!!!!!
My promise to my child...as long as I live...I am your Parent first, your Friend second. I will stalk you, flip out on you, lecture you, drive you insane, be your worst nightmare & hunt you down like a bloodhound when needed because I LOVE YOU! When you understand that, I will know you are a responsible adult. You will NEVER find someone who loves, prays, cares, & worries about you more than I do! If you don't hate me once in your life....I am not doing my job properly. Happy birthday sweetie!


Every year I make The Cisco Kid a theme cake. He loves the Angry Birds games. So Angry Birds cake it is.

I found a new cupcake cake mix that I bake it into a cake instead of the cupcakes. It's by Betty Crocker and it's called Fun da-middles. They are cupcakes with cream baked inside. Instead of putting the batter in cupcake cups I put the batter in a cake tin. To make The Cisco Kids Cake I used two boxes so the cake is nice and tall. I used lots of different kinds of chocolate bars to make the structure. I made all the Angry Birds characters out of molded chocolate. Then I covered the cake with butter cream icing.
















PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny about your answer to "Why, it's my birthday!" If understand and feel your pain! It does all happen far too quickly. I can't believe TCK and G are nine already!! LOVE your cake, although I was confused. I thought your characters were made from fondant, but you mentioned molded chocolate. Is that the same or different. Such a great cake!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails