Thursday, October 15, 2009

A belated birthday lunch with a dear friend.

I can still celebrate like I'm 21. Dancing, drinking, late night breakfasts, Oh! Who am I kidding? When I was 21 I started celebrating my Birthday at 9: p.m. and didn’t stop until the sun came up. Now my birthdays still last the same amount of hours but its spread out over one week. No more Dancing into the wee hours. No more drinking and definitely no late night breakfasts. Now my friends call me and say meet me for breakfast at 10: a.m. Just goes to show you what 40 something looks like. Because of our busy schedules, one of my dear friends Rebecca took me out for a belated birthday breakfast. This was definitely a trade up from the old days. We went to Mimis Cafe. I have never been there before and it was delicious.

Tuscan Frittata
Capresse Omelette: I met the Chief for lunch and since Mimis Cafe was near where he works, I thought it would be a great place for us to eat. This is what the Chief had.
Pineapple Coconut Muffin. Need I say more!!!!
Rebecca knows how much I love the presentation of food and this will look so perfect at Thanksgiving with some of my favorite deserts.
Thank you so much.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

  1. That Pineapple Coconut Muffin looks huge and so so delicious! Love the present :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great place to celebrate at!! I LOVE Mimi's Cafe--try their chicken pot pie!! Soooooo good. The frittata looks good too. I am thinking it has been so much fun to celebrate your birthday, you should maybe consider just continuing the party for the remaining days. :) Happy Birthday Art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you means, celebrations sure change their focus. Now it's more about the "time" with family and friends, not the actual activity. Although, that food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails