Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Creamy potato cheese soup

I love soups. The weather is perfect for a great hardy potato soup recipe.

Ingredients:
7 potatoes, peeled and diced into 2 inch cubes
½ vidalia onion, chopped fine
5 stalks of celery, chopped fine
1 cup chopped parsley
2 tablespoons of Mrs Dash, Onion & Herb
Kosher salt to taste
4 cups of 1% milk
3 cups of cheddar / jack cheese
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil

Directions:
Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add the chopped onions and celery. Cook until the celery is tender.
Add the cut potatoes to the onion and celery mixture. Cover the potatoes with water and boil until the potatoes are very soft and falling apart. If needed use a potato masher to create smaller chunks. Add milk, cheese, parsley, Mrs Dash and salt. Stir to blend cheese and let simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.




PhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

  1. I bet that was really good. My family has never really made CREAMY soups...just brothy soups, so I enjoyed seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your Blog and all the yummy recipes. I am making your Stromboli tonight for Dinner. Thanks for sharing all you recipes with all of Blog Land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks Delicious and i'm so glad you posted that, I have been looking for a good potato soup recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails