Thursday, January 7, 2010

Orginizing kids crafts

My craft room is going to be used for multiple things. Guest room, scrapbooking room and craft room. I cant forget the fact that when I am scrapbooking or crafting my son loves to join in on the fun. Since my thing are either very sharp or very expensive for him to use. I decided that setting him up with a small cornier in my crafting room would be the best thing for the both of us. I have been looking at all kinds of organizing systems for kids and they are off the charts expensive. So I decided I needed to come up with something creative without breaking the bank. Since he has paints, crayons, pencils, stamps, Etc. I thought that hanging a Shoe organizer on the wall would let him have all his things handy and help him have an organized space in my room.
These keep him busy for a long time. He enjoyed organizing all his crafts. 

This was a very inexpensive storage solution. For $8.99 it really worked well. I just might have to do this for some of my things.



Because the shoe organizer was to long I cut off the last two rows. I will save them and try to put them to use once the room is done 

 My husband put some wall anchors in the wall so it would hold the weight of the bag. 


3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I may have to borrow it. I just emptied out the spice jars I got for our wedding 10 years ago and am planning to use it for beads and buttons. I love coming up with ways to repurpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very creative idea that I would love to do myself, if I had a free space to put it once I made it....questionable. TCK seems to like it too with his great big happy smile! So cute! I love how your craft room is coming together. Can't wait to see the finished room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cleaver idea! You just always have that big brain of yours churning, yeah?

    The room is looking awesome! Fingers crossed for a quick finish...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails