Monday, January 4, 2010

The demolition starts!!!

Over the weekend we started the demolition of the guest bedroom. My plan is to take down the wallpaper trim, paint the room a sage green to match the rest of the house, remove all the floor molding so we could put down wooden floors, convert the closet into a counter workspace for all my electronics and create a work space for the Cisco Kid. We have ordered a Murphy bed so it can convert into a guest bedroom.

This is the room before we started the demolition.   




My men are removing all the molding and the tack stripping around the walls so the wooden floors can be installed.

The closet will be turned into an open work space.



I thought removing wallpaper was going to be a long messy job. I was surprised it was so easy. I started by tearing the paper off the wall. It left the under lying paper that is glued to the wall. I then took a big sponge and wet the paper. By wetting the paper it wet the glue and I was able to peal and whip it very easily off the wall. It cleaned up really easy.    

This is the paper dry.

This is the paper wet and ready to peal.

Next we have to paint.

4 comments:

  1. What an exciting project! I can't wait to see the finished result. It will be so cool! I am so envious you will have your own project workroom! Of course, I'm not actually doing any project to need a workroom for, but... should be fun! You are lucky to have such good men helping you out! Also, love your new blog page heading...great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with that project...It will look great when its done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be following this one closely. Looks like you got a great start on it. I can't wait to see the transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I love home improvement projects! Can't wait to see the end result. I also really like your new header, fantantisc for the new year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails