Monday, October 26, 2009

Strufalas

This is the tenth of twelve posts from my Family Heritage Christmas cookie recipes. Every Monday from now until December, I will share my full collection of Christmas cookie recipes with you. Then I will post some of my Grandmothers cookies.
My Christmas cookie collection consists of twelve different kinds of cookies. These are all family favorites.
1 tab. sugar
1 tea. grated lemon peel
1 tea. Vanilla exract1/2 tea. salt
4 eggs
1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flower
Oil for deep frying
1 cup of honey
Chocolate Candy sprinkles

Combine sugar, lemon peel, vanilla and salt. Add eggs and 2-1/2 cups of flour. Mix well. On a flowered surface roll out long tubes 1/2 inch thick. Cut on an angle 1/2 inch slices. Heat oil to frying temperature. put pieces of dough in oil and fry until golden brown. Put on paper towel so oil is drained. Pile Struffalas in a dish and drizzle with Honey and sprinkle chocolate candies.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails